Friday, September 18, 2009

Work ethic

I meant to post this yesterday but the day flew by too fast. Better late than never, right?

I was at work yesterday morning and I was having to put price stickers on all of our Bible studies since that is my section of the store. I have to admit that I have been putting this off and making up excuses not to do it. Well, yesterday we were very well staffed-which is unusual for us-so I decided that it would be the day to finish. As I was working part of me just wanted to do it to get it done. Then God reminded me of this verse: 1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." If we work everyday and in everything we do with this on our minds how much better could be? God only wants our best. He knows what we are capable of. So many times I just do things half-hearted. That is not what God wants from me. He wants me to put everything I have into glorifying Him. Can we glorify Him if He isn't the focus of everything we do?

No comments: