Monday, September 14, 2009

Do not be anxious...

I was once again in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 6: 25-34 specifically) where it talks about not being anxious. Jesus tells us not to worry about what we are going to eat or drink or wear. He gives the example of our heavenly Father taking care of the birds and how much more valuable we are then them. If He takes care of the birds why can't we trust Him to take care of us? I know in my mind that God has been, is and will take care of me forever. Then why do I worry about tomorrow? What should it matter?
In verse 34 it says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
God only gives us what we can handle. He is all-knowing and all-powerful.God is in control of our lives. Why can't we, as Christians (myself included), just accept that fact and stop trying to take things into our own hands? He will take care of us.

1 comment:

*Abigail said...

Ay, ay, ay. We must be thinking some of the same thoughts these days. ;) Thanks for writing encouragement on your blog.