Wednesday, September 23, 2009

God's amazing grace

 I was told yesterday that I need to find something in me to change for. Not something of this world that can be taken from me. I was given this verse: John 3:19-20) "And this is the judgement: the light has come into the world and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light lest his works should be exposed." This made me angry at the one who gave this verse to me. Was he in fact telling me that I was living in darkness therefore Christ could not be glorified in my life? I don't know but that is how I took it. After I got over being mad I asked, "Was he right? Do I still need to get rid of some things in my life?" Well, the answer was yes. I still have alot of things to work out in  my life. I am so thankful that we serve a forgiving and patient God.
Then this morning at Bible Study we were in Romans 6. Verses 15 and 16 says, "What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?" I love how God knows that I am slow to learn and that I need repetition. I know that I need to die to myself daily so that He may be glorified through my life. Then why is it so difficult?
We also talked about progressive sanctification. (Sanctification is the act of being set apart for God) We take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. Sometimes I take 7 or 8 steps back :) still the fact that we get up and dust ourselves off is a vital part of the process. It is good to know that I am not alone in this struggle of trying to be set apart for Him.

No comments: