Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A little thing called slacking...

So I really can't apologize for not posting anything sooner because I just made the choice not too. I have made excuses as to why not to spend time in the Word like I should. Today is a brand new day though and I plan on making the most of it. Last night I was asked to pray for a friend who was leading some college freshmen through 'Don't Waste Your Life' by Piper. Last week was his first week and it didn't go so well. As I began to pray for him I began to pray that he would drcrease so that Christ could increase. If we try and take things in our own hands most of the time they don't go well. When we rely on God to get us through that's when unexpected things happen. I'm praying for this group of students for around an hour and a half when I get a call. My friend is calling me to tell me that it went amazing. That he could have never expected the outcome of things. The sutdents were talking and sharing personal stories. He was so overjoyed that things went well. This is what happens when we let Christ take control-when we give ourselves to His glory. Why then would we do anything else?

No comments: