Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How easy it is to stumble

It is so easy for us as humans to stumble in our walk with God. Matthew 7:13-14 talks about the wide and narrow gates.
13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
It is so much easier for me to stay on the wide path all the while knowing that I need to be on the narrow one. God did so much for us-He sent His Son to die for us. Jesus suffered a horrible death to give us the narrow path to walk on. Why can't we stay on the narrow path? Is it really that hard? I am always content when I am walking on the narrow path even though there might be some trials. I never find that on the wide path yet that is where I find myself running back to. I want to be one of the few that stays on the narrow path.

No comments: