Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Soccer...

    So we all know that in soccer (and many other sports) the main objective is to get the ball in the goal. I was thinking about this and in Philippians 3:12-14 it talks about pressing on toward the goal.
    12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
    Daily we need to press on for the greater good that God has for us. We need to not focus on the past and what we have done but look to the future and where we are going. We should want to be where God's will places us-for that is where true happiness is. This takes work and isn't easy that is why we need a team of people to help us get to the goal. I feel a good support system of fellow believers is critical to our pressing on. We need people (teammates) to help us 'get the ball in the goal.' I am so thankful that God has blessed my life with amazing teammates who help me press on.

No comments: