Monday, September 14, 2009

Waiting faithfully

Today I was reading Genesis chapters 7 and 8-the story of Noah. Just another reminder of how faithful God is to those who serve Him. Noah was seen as righteous-or in right standing with God-therefore, God protected him and his family. Even though Noah was looked at as crazy by the people around him he still followed God. He served God with all his heart. I see Noah as a very patient man. He spent many years building the ark in preperation for God to move. I for one am not a very patient person. I want things to happen now. I need to have the patience and perseverence to faithfully serve my God and trust in His timing.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Rachel!

First of all, I'm SO EXCITED that you have a blog! I LOVE reading people's blogs - even if I don't ALWAYS have time! :)

Secondly, both of your posts so far are GREAT! It reminds me of what God was continually teaching me for the MANY YEARS before I met Beau, but it also still applies to my life!!! You're doing a good job! Remember these things that you'e written about, and you're going to make it just fine. :) And you're right...God WILL place His desires in you as you seek Him, and He will ALWAYS be FAITHFUL to bring about His perfect purposes in your life! I love you!!!

*Abigail said...

I'm totally with ya girl. Patience is a hard thing for me too. I'll be praying for ya. (and listening to ya too whenever ya need to talk :)