Monday, September 14, 2009

Finding joy in the hard times.

     God is continually teaching me that His will is best. I need to rely fully on Him for my joy. I so often base my contentment on earthly things.  God clearly states that we are to rely on Him to fulfil our desires.
      Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."
      I need to give God the time and energy that He deserves from me then my desires will match up with His will. I need to stop  to filling my with things that do not satisfy. Jesus clearly states in the Sermon on the Mount that we need to put our focus on the things of heaven.
     Matthew 6:19-20 states: "19Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."
    I can have hope that God will fulfill his promise that He will give me the desires of my heart if I seek Him.

No comments: