Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Long overdue...

I know that I really haven't been faithful in this like in the beginning and I only have one person to blame-myself. To be perfectly honest God has become last on my priorities list when I know that He should be first. So I decided that today Im going to pick myself up and dust myself off and dive in head first. There is no day like the present am I right?
Here's an analogy that keeps running through my head: you know when you have a library book and you loose it or just forget about it? Well, then it doesn't get turned back in in time. When you don't get it turned back in on time then you get charged a late fee. Here's where this is going: It's the same way when you forget(or don't make time for) God. Yes, He is still there waiting to be in the forfront of your mind but the consequences of the time you wasted can never be regained. I don't really know if that made sense but I feel like God has been an overdue library book in my life. I know He's there. I know I need to spend  time with Him. Yet, He is still 'sitting on the shelf' in my life.
So, today is a new day and I'm starting fresh. I am really going to need God these next few weeks as my life is going to get crazy. It still amazes me how patient our God is with us(me). I am very stubborn and hard headed, this makes it hard for me to change my mind once it's set on something. When I get hurt I shut down. It's just how I deal, but it's not good b/c the first person who seems to get shut out of my life is God. Even though I know in my mind that He is the one I should run to in those instances.

Well, those are my thoughts for right now. Hope ya'll have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.