Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So, obviously I have been lacking in posting new entries. I have been lacking in quite a few areas of my life recently the big one being spending time with God. Even though I know it in my mind that it is vital to spend time with my Savior still I struggle with it. Yesterday was definately not my finest day. It just seemed like everything was going wrong and every little thing was getting on my nerves. I was reminded, ever so gently, that we do serve a purposeful God and that when we see nothing He could see a million things. This is probably one of my new favorite quotes. Our God knows what He is doing. We go through things only to make us stronger. I was trying to figure out why everything seemed to just be rubbing me the wrong way and why I just wanted to give up on everything when just a few weeks ago I had everything to live for. The answer: time with God. I can't tell you (and I am speaking to myself here) how important it is that we spend quality time with Him every single day. I can just see it in my life when I don't and I don't like how life is without Him. I know that I stumble but I know that God is patient and always ready to take me back.

Now, onto another topic: can we ever see ourselves the way that God sees us? How can we see others the way that God sees them? I have been talking quite a bit with a friend about how as humans it is hard for us to see ourselves as worthy, or beautiful, or amazing , or whatever else. This friend offered a suggestion as to why we might not be able to see ourselves as such-because as humans we see our flaws. We see the things that we keep hidden from the world. Then there is something inside us that reminds us of these things and we think how can we be worthy of all that Christ has to offer. Or a big one for me, "How can someone love me knowing the things I have done and the things that I have thought?" This friend I care about very much and I think is one of the most genuine, wise, on fire for God, thoughtful, caring and over-all just amazing person. Yet has a hard time seeing that in himself. How can I see the things that he can't. How can he see things in my that I can't? I don't have all the answers but I think that a big one is that we both love God and we try and see the world the way that God sees it. It is just hard for us to see ourselves through God's eyes. How do you think that, in Gesesis, when it talking about how we are created in the image of God relates to this? I know that we are not made perfect but by the sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross we are made clean. Our sins are forgotten and forgiven. Why is this concept so hard for humans to grasp? Do you think that if we completely grasped this subject we would feel the need to rely on Him? I would love to hear your thoughts on this. So please leave comments. I love reading them, even if you totally disagree with what I have to say. How can I learn if I don't know?

No comments: