Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It still amazes me...

It still amazes me how God works in our lives. He always seems to put what we need right in front of us.

"I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."
 Romans 7:15

This is the verse of my life lately. Crazy how we discussed it in Bible study this morning :) Even though I know what I should do-I struggle to do it. Evev though I might not want to do something that is the exact thing that I end up doing. If we were not carnal "of the flesh" then would we need a Savior? The christian life is something that is not easy-that's for sure. Even though it is not easy, is it worth it? No doubt! Even though we face tough times in our lives what we have in the end is worth so much more.

Verse 18 goes on to say, "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out."

Something I struggle with is relying on someone else. This is exactly what I need to do though. I need to rely on God to help me make it through everyday. I need to give up control because I cannot do it by myself. I need a Savior. I would think that, even someone as stubborn as myself, I would have learned by now. Yet it is something I struggle with everyday.

1 comment:

*Abigail said...

I agree. Relying on someone else is hard. I learned the summer my dad was gone that sometimes I'm the one that needs to be helped and I should graceully, thankfully receive that blessing without the attitude of "I can do it. I will pull myself up by my bootstraps." I still fall into that mentality sometimes but I'm still growing and learning.